Thursday 17 January 2013

Happy Birthday Mam

Mam loved her Fancy-Dress costumes....all hand-mad of course!
Happy Birthday Mam.
My mam would have been 68 years old yesterday. She has been gone almost 10 years, so she was only just 59 when she died. So young.

I thought of you on your Birthday Mam. I have thought of you every single day since you left us.
I thought of you with fondness yesterday. on your Birthday. I remembered how you loved a party_any excuse to get dressed up in some hilarious fancy-dress outfit ; usually one you had made yourself from recycled clothes on your trusty old Singer sewing machine! You loved that old machine, and my childhood memories often play along to the sound-track of that Singer whirring away in the background. I would watch you in fascination as your foot pedalled away on the wrought iron pedal, the needle pounding precariously close to your fingers as the material whizzed with lightening speed through your fingers!

I wonder how we would have celebrated this birthday? I wonder how you would be with the grand-children you never met. I bet you would have them in fits of laughter with your antics! I feel so sad that you have missed so much of our children's lives and I am even sadder that I have missed having my mam around all these years,
I dearly want to believe I will see you again one day Mam. The thought that I might not, is heart-breaking. I can't get my head around it. So, just for now, I choose to believe in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment