Tuesday 25 February 2014

Amazing Lamda

Yesterday Katie had her very first LAMDA exam and she was amazing! It was musical theatre and she performed two lovely songs. When will my Life Begin from the movie Tangled and one of my favourite songs, Part of that World from The Little Mermaid.

We didn't get to see her perform as we had to wait outside. I would have loved to see her performance, after all we have spent months singing and perfecting her act, but her only audience was the examiner and a lady who sorted out the backing music. So, you might be wondering how I know she was amazing? I know, because she told us! How wonderful is that?

She was so nervous on the way to the exam. Fortunately the exams were running ahead of schedule, so Katie was straight in as soon as we arrived at the Theatre School in Grantham. She didn't even have time to sit down!

She skipped out of the exam 15 minutes later, buzzing with excitement and so happy that she'd performed her songs the very best that she could.

We have to wait six weeks before we find out her official grade, but it doesn't matter; she's already a winner!

I am so proud of her. She is one gutsy little girl!

If there was a grade for baking jam tarts I think Katie would be grade 8 already. The chief taster is Katie's dad, and he is in total agreement...grade 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment