Sunday 24 March 2013

My Mam. Ten years on

It's ten years since my beautiful Mam left us. So much has happened since then. Yet, it seems like just yesterday that she was fooling around in the hospice, making us laugh and caring for the other patients, in spite of her being so very poorly herself.

Our family has grown since then ; we have moved house, county and country since then. But no matter where we are, or who we are with, there is always my Mam, never more than a whisper away from me.


I think about you every day Mam and I miss you dearly. The  searing pain of losing you has faded, and the tears are less frequent, but it doesn't take much to take me back to the last time we spoke. I kneeled by your chair and I was your little girl again. I cried at the thought of losing you and you comforted me in my sadness. You stroked my head and told me it would all be ok.That was so typical of you Mam. You are the most caring and selfless person I have ever met.  Your last words to me were "I love you bairn". I love you too Mam. Until we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment