Saturday 1 September 2012

One Year On.....

Oh my, it's been a year!
We are still in the same country, but a different county.


So, here I am, attempting my blogging again. Now I have blogged in the past (about our HE journey with Kat and our four year long vacation to Cyprus!) but I have to admit to being a "sporadic" blogger. So, a promise to myself....I promise to blog regularly and not be a lazy so-and-so!

So, we find ourselves in a new house, a new county (Bedfordshire) and a new adventure! Already we have found a thriving Home-ed community, and made some lovely friends.


We are so lucky to live in a beautiful, historic and busy part of the country. There are some lovely home-edders here that go out of their way to provide lots of opportunities to HE children, and on top of that there is just so much to do here.... Beautiful parks, leisure facilities, theatres, galleries and museums. We are spoiled for choice!


Last week I spent a lovely a day with both my beautiful daughters.... Kat, now aged 8, and Jaime aged 26!

Kat and I drove the 2 and a half hours to Jaime's house and then another hour and a half to the hospital, as Jaime is having an operation soon and had an appointment with her surgeon.



We got to spend time with Charlie, our first and only grandchild. He is 10 months old now and just the cutest, most cuddly baby! We took him a book, one of Kat's favourites, The Gruffalo. It was one of those books with the sound effects, and Charlie got straight into it! He is growing so quickly, and I feel bad that I haven't seen a lot of him lately. So, another promise to myself: I will make more of an effort to see Jaime and Tony and Cheeky Charlie regularly.

Then, Kat and I drove all the way home again. That's a 6am start, and 8 hours driving. No wonder we were both exhausted at the end of it. But, it was a lovely day, spent with family.

Cheeky Charlie!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment